Graphic design is a way to communicate specific information using elements such as newspaper, advertisement, logo, website, visual art, typography, design technology, etc. This style of design is defined by visual communication, and time and experience is necessary to master the best technology. Therefore, viewers can understand their information.
Graphic design is a process of seven steps that must be considered at design time. In this way, you can relax your work, organize it in a timely manner and keep your deadline. First, analyze the audience, define the purpose of the message step by step, and build the design and visualization to use to send the correct message.
- Line: A linear marker made with a pen or a brush, or an edge is created when two figures are matched.
- Size: The size is the relationship between the area occupied by a shape and the area occupied by other shapes.
- Form: A form is an autonomously defined area of geometry (square and circle) or organic (free or natural form). A positive form automatically creates a negative form.
- Color: The color of the light reflected by the object. The color has three main features: tone or its name (red, green, blue etc.), value (brightness or darkness) and intensity (brightness or darkness).
- Texture: Texture is the quality of the surface of the form. It is rough, soft, smooth, hard glossy.
- Address: All rows have a horizontal, vertical or tilt direction. The level is calm and shows stability and tranquility. Vertical type makes balance, shape, sensitive feel. Slope indicates movement and motion.
- Balance: The balance of design is similar to physical balance. The large shape near the center can be balanced with the small shape near the edge. Balance brings stability and structure to the design. This is the weight assigned by the design by placing the elements.
- Space: An art space is a distance or area between elements, around, above, below or inside. Both positive and negative spaces are important factors to consider in each design.
- Alignment: You can create orders and organizations. Aligning the elements allows you to establish a visual connection to each other.
- Contrast: Contrast is the juxtaposition of relative elements (opposite color of color wheel, contrast value or horizontal / vertical direction). This contrast can emphasize or emphasize the main elements of the design.
- Repeat: Link the elements to enhance the design. It helps to create relevance and consistency. Repeat can create rhythm (sensation of organizational movement).
- Proximity : relationship between adjacent elements. Being close to serving focus means not having to mean that the elements must come together, but to be somewhat visually connected.
What is Whitespace?
The margin means pay attention to this combination. In other words, you must be able to find the correct composition so that you can easily read and discover information and interesting things.
There are two types of blank areas.
- Active : This guarantees a better structure and design in the design, focuses on content, usually intentionally omitted
- Passive : this is the default blank space omitted between boundaries or between readable content
White space exists for one reason. To simplify the process of chart analysis, this should be remembered when used in graphic design. The fact that it is proved is that the human eye better recognizes the organized clean design than the turbulent irregular space.
Why are you designing in white space?
Balance the design
Passive blanks are one of the reasons why text is accepted and visually comprehensible in dark background and white text designs. It is normal blank space or negative space. The more space you use, the easier to read and read. This space creates a balance of outlets that facilitate digestion.
Object of emphasis
To focus the image on the viewer, try using a white border. In this way attention can be drawn in the object or in the image. In these cases, always using the blank space, you can see the improvement in the design.
Focus on specific content
Another good way to use margins in graphic design is to spend extra. This does not necessarily apply to all designs, but it is truly effective and powerful if it is used correctly. Please imagine text with many voids around you. There are so many pictures in Tumblr, and the text is displayed directly in the eyes.
People really appreciate it
At the end, the easier the design, the easier it will be for people to accept. Cumbersome design is like a troublesome table. You can never find what you need. Or you can find it instead of spending time looking for it. I might like your design.
Your design really appreciates it
Let’s sit down and play and check how much it will change when using all the blank areas. Instead of confusion, please use a space to separate the way images are used in text. It depends on which design you are using vertically and horizontally, but the blank part concentrates more on its contents.
Elegant design is guaranteed.
We always think that white and black are the most elegant colors. They are simple, classical, timeless, and send the appropriate message when needed. Since white is pure and black is strong, most graphic designers use these two colors. Large enterprises use a lot of blank space to advertise products.
**Please remember that whitespace is important. However, it depends on how you actually use and experience. Too much will give you a cumbersome design and a completely unique design. Use it to confuse the design and ignore the most important elements.
How to Create New Doc and Shapes in Illustrator ⎪ Adobe Illustrator for Beginners