Where do people search using Goole Search Engine -SEO?
According to Similar Web, Google.com ranked in the 1st place out of thousands of sites [Global and Malaysia]. Hence, Google.com should keep it on the list because lots of people search the Google index on its own search site, and it feeds many sites.
Search Engine Result
Now, go to Google and type ‘dentist in Malaysia’, then look at the small wording below the search box, you will see something like “About 68,300,000 results (0.59 seconds)”.
It means Google has found over 68million pages that it believes match with these keywords [Dentist in Malaysia] in some way and ranked it accordingly.
How does Google do it?
It begins by looking for pages containing the exact phrase when Google searches for the search term or keywords that you typed in the search box. Next, it looking for pages containing the words close together and for synonyms. For instance, when you search for CAT, Google assumes you might be interested in pages with the word PUSSY. Then, it looks for pages that have the words scattered around. In some cases, pages with words close together ( but not exact phrase ) rank higher than pages with exact phrase. This is becase search engines evaluate pages according to a variety of criteria.
- Word in both visible page and nonvisible portions of the HTML source code
- Words are weighted in some way
- A word in one position is worth more than a word in another position
- A word formatted in one way is worth more than a word formatted in another way
Let’s use an example : dentist in Malaysia
A. Search engine finds one page with the keywords in the page’s title (between the <tittle> and </tittle>
B. Another page contains the keyword in somewhere deep in the page text
- Question : Which one do you think it will appear higher than the other?
- Answer: A
- Reason: If the keywords are in the heading on the page, that must be significant; if the keywords appear frequently throughout the page, rather than just once, then it must be mean something.